State of Decay early access recently released on Steam Store at £14.99. The development isn’t finished yet and it currently only supports using a controller.
(Note, the game does support mouse and keyboard, but it isn’t currently recommended)
If you want to try the PC controls, here they are:-
WASD = Move around and navigate menu.
Space = Jump and select items in menu.
Esc = Back and access menu from in-game.
M = Map
E = Interact (such as open doors / Y on 360 controller)
T = Flashlight
Q = (X on 360 controller) Such as equip or un-equip an item
Shift = Run
Ctrl = Crouch
Tab = Cycle inventory, skills, home, events, and assets tabs. (LB/RB function)
Mouse = look
Left mouse button = Use / attack
Right mouse button = Zoom / decline or back up on in-game menus
Mouse wheel = cycle through inventory items in hand
If you don’t have a Xbox 360 controller (as it recommends), but you have a PS3 controller, you can still play easily!
The game won’t display which PS3 buttons to use over the Xbox 360 buttons, so you’ll just have to work out which button on the 360 is equivalent on the PS3 controller.
Setting up the PS3 Controller on a PC:-
- Plug your PS3 controller into your PC via USB (The charger cable that comes with the controller)
- Let windows finish attempting to install drivers for it.
- Download the emulation software MotionJoy.
- Once you have installed it, launch the software and go to Driver Manager.
- Click the tick box (As displayed in the image below) and click Load Driver.
- Then click Profiles and make sure your contoller is selected under “Connected Game Controller(s)”.
- Select “Xinput-Default” and then simply click Enable.
- Launch the game and it should work straight away!
If you have any problems, please ask.